Monday, November 25, 2013

Minor Alps

"It's like living in a war zone."
Sketches from and around a show I caught at the Black Cat back room last week.  Minor Alps is Matthew Caws and Juliana Hatfield and they are touring on their first album.  They were kind enough to hang around post show to sign autographs and chat with fans.  I'm sometimes hesitant to show my work to musicians, but I decided to this time and they were both pretty receptive.  Here are the pages.
"If I wanted trouble, I could get it."



"For someone else."
An interesting show.  The new songs from "Get There" were solid and the acoustic style versions they did of each others songs had a different weight that worked for the intimate space.  For some reason I kept thinking they would do a cover of "80 Windows" by Nada Surf.  Maybe next tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting in touch with the creeper.